Sorry- I've been a little slack in updating my blog! Our Easter was WONDERFUL! The Saturday before, we had some friends over for a mini Easter Egg hunt in our backyard. Just Mason and his little friend Sydney--(who both happen to have the exact same b-day!!) Sydney's Mom, Megan swears that they are destyned to get married one day! They see each other and their eyes just light right up and they give each other a little hug... oh!-And I'm happy to announce that they had their 1st KISS too! It was soo adorable- I walked in the other room to find Sydney leaning in ever-so-sweetly with her eye's shut and her lips puckered...and Mason was leaning in as well...mouth WIDE open and his TONGUE hanging out like a dog!!! He's a BOY in every sense of the word! :) I couldn't help but laugh!
Anyway-- Back to Easter... They both figured out right away how to get to the candy inside the eggs so- needless to say, they were both more interested in eating all the candy in one egg before finding the next one. Which made for a LONG hunt! But it was soo much fun! I'm so enjoying that Mason is able to participate in these traditions. It really makes the Holiday GREAT!
Sunday morning we awoke to find that the Easter Bunny had left us all our traditional new "Easter Outfits" and Baskets! Mason went right for the eggs in his basket and more importantly- for the yummies inside! But then we discovered another Easter tradition... plastic GRASS! He was facinated with it... how it felt and the mess that it made! It was almost too much for him to handle!
Church was AWESOME! We really felt the spirit and were able to focus on the Ressurrection and the real meaning of Easter. I realized WHY Easter is my favorite holiday... It's not just the time of year and all the flowers blooming...or the warmer weather... It's when the Atonement was finallized! Christ rose from the Dead and completed his sacred mission to help us return to our Heavenly Father! What great LOVE.. And for that I REJOICE with all my heart!!! Jesus Christ is my SAVIOR- the only way back Home! ....It was a great Easter!
4 years ago
3 comments:
I love the new look of your blog. The green is the perfect color. I'm glad that you all had a fantastic Easter. I also love the "Mock Prom Picture." Stylin!!!
Thanks! It was truly time for a spring makeover on the blog... Is there an easier way to change it? Gosh- it seemed like there was only one website that made it somewhat simple... Any help/tricks of the trade would be great!
CUTE story! They were both so cute in Nursery last Sunday. I had no idea there was a blossoming relationship between the 2 of them!
Post a Comment