I guess because it's my day off today that I have the time to think of these things...
Am I the only one who gets kinda panicked when you have to verify the word after you've typed a comment on someone's blog????
It's like it transports me back to grade school when you had to get your eyes checked by reading "the 4th line down" or those tests to see if you were color blind... You know?- the ones with the hidden letter that is a different color. I feel the pressure all over again that ONE WRONG LETTER and BAM!- "You have to wear glasses for the rest of your life!" Or BAM!- "No driver's license for you!"....
And don't get me started on the hearing tests I remember taking! :D I'll never forget the PARALYZING FEAR of hearing that HIGH PITCHED BEEP and raising my hand as fast as I could so the nurse KNEW I was not deaf! I remember thinking that I had heard the beep, but all it was was the residual ringing that continued after the ACTUAL beep!... Man- Being a kid was pretty stressful!
I laugh at the thought of the little man in the computer that's keeping track of all the word verifications, then when I go to renew my license or something, the person behind the counter will say " Sorry Mrs. Taylor! I show that you messed up on the word verification on the Tait's blog, the Perriton's blog AND the Tingley's blog all in one day! We are revoking your license due to the idiot factor that you so strongly posses!" :D
Anyway- this thought always crosses my mind!....I was just wondering if I'm the ONLY freak out there or if there are others! BUT- Don't worry! This won't stop me from leaving as many comments as I can!! HA! HA! HA! :D
4 years ago
3 comments:
Ohh...Tristin - your wit and creativity make me laugh. What's with the "word verification" anyway? Does the little man in the computer fear that we are secretly "robots" leaving mystery comments? Why...the pain of the word verification!??? Miss you!!
I always get the word verification wrong it seems. I hate doing it so badly that I speed through it. It's also so annoying how long some of them are getting, and how some letters could be either a P or a Q...etc. I'm with you all the way on this one!
Oh, and we're going to be gone for the next two weeks (Ben's Minnesota trip, so I'm staying in MT with the folks), but after we get back, we'll definitely have to get together!
You know, I never realized it, but I focus extra hard when I have to type the word verification. Because I don't want to mess up! Ahhhh... Thank you for bringing to my consiousness my underlying stress.
Post a Comment