About 5 weeks ago, Ben and I came to an agreeance that wooden play sets are FAR TOO OVERPRICED!!! We felt that we could easily build something equally nice for half the price of what the stores were charging for a kit. When did I become SOO frugal?... I don't know! But, that's beside the point... We did some internet surfing and printed off a picture of a swing set that was about what we wanted. (Fun and simple was ALL we were really going for! Some of these kits are OVER THE TOP UNNECESSARY!)
So with a picture and a FEW (and I mean FEW!) measurements, we got to it! We figured that this project would easily just take a Saturday and maybe a few trips to Home Depot to complete. Boy, were we wrong! But, I have to say- We had SO much fun putting this together and figuring it all out! I think that Ben and I BOTH surprised each other on our knowledge of building. (Don't let the pictures fool you, we were 50/50 on building this puppy!) And about 3 quarters of the way through it, we did wonder if this really was for Mason or for the two of US! :D All in all, we reached our goal to build a less expensive, yet equally beautiful play set and as a BONUS... We got all kinds of GREAT MEMORIES to go with it! PENNY PINCHING WINS AGAIN!!!! :D
4 years ago


3 comments:
Glad you found me cuz! I am very impressed by your fort building expertise. Me...I went and bought the one at Costco for WAY to much money. And after ready 37 pages of instructions it finally was done. The kids love any type of fort...glad to see you are so inventive!!
By the way....glad you posted pics of Travis. Congrat's to him. I didn't know he got married until after the wedding.
I'm impressed. I've always been in love with Ben's skills! j/k
That fort is AWESOME!! What wonderful parents Mason has! You go Tristin, on helping out so much--the extent of my contributions would be holding wood while he drills and filling the lemonade glass. Good work guys! We'll be over sometime to test it out!
Post a Comment