Update: YES! Mason is a BIG BOY NOW!!! After MUCH perseverance and LOTS of bribery... Mason is potty trained! He is out of diapers/pullups completely even through the night and nap time!
Below is a picture of his sticker chart that has come in so handy! After he fills up one row, he gets a "heart chocolate". (Special THANKS to a certain package LOADED with authentic German Chocolates!!:D mmm!)
Also a big thanks to "doggie" pictured below! "Doggie" is Mason's toy caterpillar that he likes to pretend is a dog. The game of "doggie" evolved from shear desperation one night- Mason was losing interest FAST! So, I grabbed the closest toy I could get my hands on to have Mason "teach" how to go potty. It became and INSTANT hit! Now He walks "doggie" through the steps then enthusiastically shouts, "K! Mason's turn!" And it has evolved! "Doggie" has to be put to bed now even before Mason will go down! UGH! I've created a monster!!!Also below is a video of Mason after our 1st venture out in big boy underwear! We ran to a wedding reception then to Dairy Queen after wards. Needless to say, at DQ, we didn't make it in time!! We packed right up and headed home! But couldn't resist documenting Mason's funny new swagger! We are such mean parents!
I am SOO proud of my Big Boy! YEAH MASON!!!!
And thanks to everyone for their helpful advice! It REALLY just helped knowing that I wasn't alone and to keep trudging on! Consistency PAYS OFF!!! :D
5 comments:
I'm with Mason. I think it looks more like a Dogerpillar than a Caterpillar, too.
Hooray! Let's celebrate!
Yipee!!! It is so nice when that part of life is over!
Congratulations, Mason! I knew you could do it!
Ahh parenthood... I think an apt synonym would be desperation. So glad to see things are getting better. I miss you too!
Post a Comment