CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eat your {heart} Out Pottery Barn!

I'm so proud of my Bedroom Redecorating project!  We recently bought a KING size bed!  ...WOOOHOOO does NOT cover it!  Let's just say that this thing has single handedly SAVED our marriage! HA! HA!  So we didn't need our queen size bed frame... enter Craigslist! :D And THIS is what we were left with!!!!
The BEFORE!... So sad!
Now I'm not trying to complain... but I was surprised at how depressed this made me!  I felt like we were tranpsorted back to the "college" years! Seriously, that is the only Lamp we have used for years- I'm ashamed to admit it! And not to mention, having a new baby- we...meaning I...just needed a sanctuary!  So I threw my whole heart into this knowing that $$$ was tight. Thanks to ROSS, and TJMAX I bought some "Grown Up" lamps ('cause DANG IT we've been married almost EIGHT years!), a new bed spread set and a GIGANTIC Happy painting!  I had a couple of window panes that I've been wanting to use in my home for  FOREVER!...  and the headboard.....IT'S AN OLD DOOR!!!!  That's right!... We bought an old door at our local RE-STORE/recycled home goods for 30 BUCKS!  We sanded it,  filled in the "peep hole", painted it and distressed it!  I'm VERY ELATED with the results-  It BOOSTED my soul AND was easy on my wallet!
TAAAA- DAAAAA!




Yup! .....It's a DOOR!!!


3 comments:

jen said...

It looks awesome!!! Want to come decorate mine!?

Brittany said...

You really know how to think outside of the box!! The room is absolutely beautiful. It looks so good. Really. I love it!

molly said...

I love it!!! I especially like the door idea....I feel an idea steal coming on :) Miss you and hope you're well!