
HELP!! We've endeavored into the "We're Serious Now" Potty training mode with Mason! I need TIPS!! I know that many of you out there have successfully trained boys and I NEED TO KNOW what worked for you!
We've been at it for about a week now... I'm to the point of letting him be in diapers till he's 10!! I'm soo frustrated!!! We've put him on the potty every 30 minutes with sticker chart reward after! It's time to step it up to the next level- Gimme any suggestions ya got! ... And YES!- we've tried the "sink the cheerio" trick! :D ...Actually it was goldfish crackers 'cause that's all I had on hand! It works good, but now he expects a snack when he's on the potty! UGH!!!!
5 comments:
Oh honey! You can make yourself crazy with potty training a boy. I tried everything for about a year....but boys will be boys and like all men they don't want to do anything unless it is their idea! One day he'll just decide it's cool to go potty and it will be done. Can't really give you much advice except for that. Simon was almost 4! His twin had been potty trained for almost 2 years! Good luck!
I was one of the world's worst potty trainers... I got nothin' for you, except my best wishes!!! Good luck!!!
Yeah, it sucks. I have a girl and she was potty trained in half a day only because of good advice I received from a friend with all boys! So here it is... pick something that they really love and make it so they only get it when they go potty in the potty (positive reinforcement), then when they have accidents you have negative reinforcement. We put Blakely into timeout for a couple of minutes in her room where she could see all her toys, but couldn't play with them. You feel like the devil, but it worked for us!
Ohh...I wish I had some secrets for you!! I am dreading this part of parenthood with Gracie...I'm sorry I have NO tips! Good Luck.
We hope you had a very Merry Christmas!! We hope we can see your family soon.
I used bribery. :) You might call Lacie...she seemed to have a good system with Bridger..I'm thinking that she might have let him run around the house naked. You'll have to call her.
Post a Comment