CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Call him.... COACH Taylor!

I forgot to mention something pretty big that has happened in our house- Ben accepted a position to COACH Pole vaulting and Hurdles for the high school here!!! He is so STOKED! And so am I 'cause that means he has halted his plans to build a pole vault pit in our backyard...You think I'm kidding?!?! Dead serious- He had it all roped off to show me how it would work. It was adorable! So he emailed all the high schools around, looking for a set of pads that they might be getting rid of. When none of them emailed back, he started calling. He's VERY determined when his mind is set on something! He finally got a hold of the Head Track Coach at Meridian HS and she asked him, "Why do you want the pit???"
Of course Ben replied,"So I can build my OWN pit!"
After the laughter subsided, she said,"Why build a pit when you can use ours?"
The conversation continued and ended with her saying that they WERE looking for a NEW coach. Ben and I talked about it and realized that THIS COULD WORK! Ben called her back and hashed out the details. My FAVORITE part though was upon accepting the job, she said how much Ben would make- and He said, "YOUR GONNA PAY ME TOO?!" :D...AGAIN- ADORABLE!!!

As you can see, Ben has the DEEP passion for the sport! He gave up pole vaulting in college to spend more time with me. He says that it was worth it, but I can see how much he misses it. The "Other Woman" I call it! HA! I am so excited that he is able to do this and I know that he is going to be an AWESOME role model for the kids! He already is to me! The Head Coach told us that one gal, who is pretty good, was going to transfer to another school because last years coach really shafted the kids and didn't do anything. She found out that Ben was going to coach next year and decided to stay. He's already making a difference! I'm SOOO proud of you- CONGRATULATIONS BEN!!

In honor of this, we found this video to show the "HIDDEN" dangers of vaulting! Can you say YOWZER! Get this guy some ICE! HA! HA! Enjoy!



5 comments:

Val said...

Wow, I had no idea about Ben's talent! That's so cool that he was able to get a job doing it. We miss you guys!

Nicki said...

I love how awesomely "inappropriate" that video is. HAHAHA Congrats ben!

Within These Walls said...

Congrats Ben! I had no idea he was a pole vaulter. Your trip to Montana sounds so fun!

Brittany said...

I'm floored..how amazing is this? I never knew Ben had this hidden talent. Congrats! We know he will be a great coach.

Rob and Amanda said...

Congratulations, Ben. Doing what you love AND getting paid to do it! I'm sure that you will love it!!!